Saturday, September 10, 2005

The Weather

Aggh! Or rather thanks God for protecting me.

Rainy, dreary, dull gray, cold and no sign of sunshine. But, as the woman at the paint store reminded me, don't look at the weather, find other things about this day to be thankful for. Oh, I do forget to give praise and thanks in the midst of muddy coloured days.

God please forgive me for focusing on the mud. Please help me to search for the sunshine colours You provide everyday with a heart of thanks.

I am thankful for many things this day. My hair turned extremely curly because of the dampness (I love it), I somehow avoided a near fatal accident on the freeway (thank you God for Your protection), I have a wonderful family and peaceful warm home to escape back to after my ordeal on the freeway.

"Devote yourselves to prayer, being watchful and thankful." Colossians 4:2

I need to do more of all three this day.

Later...

No comments: