Monday, November 07, 2005

Encouragement

Oh dear, it really has been along time between my postings!

I think it is called writer's block, or setting good priorities, or just plain lazy, or too busy, or perhaps fear? I am really not sure, which category best describes the reason why I have not been writing online. Hopefully I will get better at posting more and find out along the way the reason why no blogging or maybe it will just remain one of those mysteries. "To get better at writing, I do need to write!" I will let this be my motto for now!

Today, I was hesitant about attending the monthly meeting for "IMPRINT" a local writing group. As it has turned out, I am glad to have taken the effort to go. Each one of the members are encouraging, inspiring, fun to be around, and knowledgeable concerning ideas for a writer's heart. Listening to their writing journeys brings hope for this writer who is stumped at the moment to find words.

A few tips I gleaned from today, written in my own words.

As writer's we are responsible to get the grammar right, we must be aware of this at all times...(I am far off the mark on this tip today!)

When doing research on your characters ask lots of questions for each one.

Set a date with yourself each day to write. Start writing within small amounts of alotted time, then learn to go for longer periods. You need to start right where you are at, small and slow steps. (I think this is what I am doing right now.)

Do not GIVE UP!

Thank You Imprint, for rekindling the passion to write. It is amazing, three years ago, I asked God for my own "ink spots" group, and He was faithful to answer this prayer.

A Robin Quote: "Everything we do in life can be a devotional, which will lead others to the heart of God."

No comments: