Tuesday, November 08, 2005

My Potluck Sweet and Sour Meatballs

As a little girl I can remember my parents making homemade meatloaf and meatballs. The recipe that follows are the ingredients I remember being used as a child. These meatballs are a hit at potlucks and family gatherings. This receipe also makes great hamburgers for barbecuing.

2 lbs Lean Ground Beef
1 large onion chopped
15 soda crackers crushed
1 egg
2 Tablespoons seasoning salt

Mix all the ingredients, shape into meatballs, hamburger patties, or meatloaf.

Sweet and Sour Sauce for Meatballs


For meatballs: Roll into balls, cook under broiler until brown and cooked, add to sauce.

This is a quick and easy recipe, serve the meatballs with rice and a vegetable.

1 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup vinegar
1/4 cup flour
2 cups ketchup
2cups water
2 tablespoons Soya sauce

Mix all ingredients together in a large pot bring to a boil stirring often. When thickened add meatballs. Keep in pot on low heat for half an hour or place in a crock pot on low until ready to serve.

© Robin Sloboda, November 08, 2005

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Writing two days in a row... well done! Now we've said that, I guess we (I) should listen to the same advice!
I'm glad to see you writing again, Robin! And so is God.
You inspire me, sista!
Marnie

Robin said...

Thank you Marnie

But...

It is you have inspired me!