Friday, April 17, 2009

Not Giving up!

The last week has been crazy and trying to keep on track with exercise and eating right has gone out the window! I found a blog tonight that has encouraged me and that I am on the right course. The goal is not to give up!

Lisa Shaw has great ideas and is an encouragement as I continue on my journey to being fit and healthy. You can visit Lisa at her site, Living a Fit Life.

My goal is to become healthy and fit in the year 2009. I know God is going to use me to minister to others and I can not keep up with the demands of ministry when I am not in shape.

At the moment I am using Leslie Sansone's walking DVD's daily to get fit.

Tonight, I found several blogs from Christian women who are journeying through the weight loss struggle. It is great to find others to journey with.

Current weight: 195 lbs
Goal weight 135 lbs

Daily Goals for the next 30 days:

PRAY without CEASING and walk close with Jesus through this adventure.
Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
Walk 15 miles a week and do Pilate's twice a week.
Cut down on sweets and eating out.
Connect with others in the same journey.
Blog about my journey often.
Stay connected with the sisterhood on the net.

On I go to finish this race well and tomorrow will grant another chance to stay on track.

Jesus, I desire to bring glory to You in all areas of my life. Thank you for walking with me each step of the way. I ask continue to connect me with others who I can encourage and who inspire me to keep on track! Jesus you are everything to me. Amen.

2 comments:

LisaShaw said...

Hi Robin,

I received your email and your invite this morning and I'm so blessed to meet you already!

There is much I want to say but I'm headed out with my family but I will be back. I will begin to pray for you right now.

You have begun an incredible journey with the Lord and in whatever way I can support you, I am here as we are on this journey together.

I love you already! I'll be back later.

P.S. Please also visit with Sandy at God Speaks and ask her to be on her Fitness Friday Fanatics. Let her know that I sent you if you don't know her already.

Also Debra from Heart Choices does a Friday post that will bless you.

Robin said...

Lisa I need to go out today also we will be in touch I am sure. Visit my other blog robin's journey. I placed a link on this blog.